Saturday, December 20, 2008

Looking Back



I don't bake much anymore. The last time I made homemade bread, it got moldy before it was eaten. That took care of that.


I still like to make rolls for Christmas morning. Usually, it's sticky pecan rolls, but this year I decided cinnamon rolls. I've used the same recipe for almost thirty years, and it was fun to look at the ingredients through the splatters of time.


I don't have a mixer any more. I just couldn’t justify the cost when I bake so little. I don't have a sewing machine any more. Same reason. After making all my own clothes and home decorating, when the old machine died, I knew that phase of my life was over.


I usually think about the future. But, it's been interesting thinking back about times long gone. Not happy or sad, just interesting.

No comments: