Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What Do You Rant and Rave About?


Web Wednesday

How would you answer the above question? I first heard the question when I took a speech class. I wrote down, ‘ injustice, cruelty-things being out of balance, stupidity, selfishness’. Then, I wrote down ‘waste’. That was it! Yes, I hate all the things I wrote initially, but ‘waste’ gets my heart pumping and blood boiling.

I’m a career counselor because I hate to see people waste their talents and potential. I’m an environmentalist because I hate the way we’ve squandered the resources on this planet.

What gets you excited, passionate and revved up?

The next question is, “What are you going to do about it?”

If you’re not sure where to start, visit Global:Ideas:Bank. It’s part suggestion box, networking group, forum and inspired entertainment. People share ideas, sometimes crazy, about how to solve the problems of the world.

Individuals submit suggestions which are catorgorized, then others vote on the feasibility, originality and humor of the idea. Some submissions are whacky, but others make a lot of sense.


It's a great way to connect with others around things you're passionate about and see how we can maybe solve some of the challenges we face.

Share sites/blogs that inspire and motivate you.

1 comment:

fatfighter said...

I rant and rave about all kinds of stuff, but it's mainly my husband's fault ;)

Seriously though, what a great idea for a website - maybe I can find people who also hate it when others litter.